Pages

Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Back to Bikram


Sounds crazy, I know, but I went back to a Bikram class today (which I've done before as you'll find in the link). I first did a Bikram class back in 1992 with Bikram himself when I lived at Kripalu. Since then I've done lots of Bikram classes but today was the first time I've done the "express" class. New favourite thing!

The reason for the Bikram is the location and the time. As I mentioned in my last post, I've given myself some structured work times and I wanted to break it up as well as take advantage of the proximity to a yoga class, which happens to be in the same building, so I really have no excuse not to go, except of course, that it's a Bikram class.

People who don't know yoga, can't really appreciate the difference between a Bikram class and one of the classes I teach, or pretty much just about any other type of yoga class you'd go to. It's a huge difference when you know what's what. A Bikram class requires some things...I'm not going to go into it right here but suffice it to say, I've got a bundle of wet, smelly clothes (and a towel!) with me and I'm figuring out how to jam it all in my backpack with my computer and paperwork and get home on my bike. But it's a nice problem to have. And with the class only lasting an hour, I spent hardly any time wishing the class were over already.




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am well pleased for the opportunity to have through your blog. I have learned something new and great from your blog. Discover online photo editing course. We put special emphasis on comprehensive learning with practical application and industry training. Students acquire a deep knowledge and will learn concepts like Adobe Photoshop CC, Adobe Camera Raw interface and study different layers of operation and much more. This graphic design in hindi is for someone who wants to become an expert in all the aspects of Web and Photo Editor. It’s a professional course to make a student ready for the job.
freelance ui ux designer