Pages

Friday, June 26, 2009

When Things Fall Apart

Here's a quote from my Pocket Pema Chodron:

"Things falling apart is a kind of testing and a kind of healing. We think that the point is to pass the test or to overcome the problem, but the truth is that things don't really get solved. They come together and they fall apart. Then they come together again and fall apart again. It's just like that. The healing comes from letting there be room for all of this to happen: room for grief, for relief, for misery, for joy."

That's how I'm feeling right now!

I've been having such a blast at the Fringe Festival and I'll be sad to have it be over. I can barely tell what day it is because being involved has turned me all around! That's a good thing!

It has been so great seeing Remi come out of herself and play and connect and interact with people. She's an inspiration!

3 comments:

Cristina said...

I was checking out the Bytowne guide yesterday and I saw an ad, turns out CHUO has a 'Radio Camp' for kids this summer, they get to learn how to edit, talk on the radio, etc; the people at CHUO are awesome btw -- I thought about Remi for some reason, in case she's interested!

Unknown said...

Your daughter is wonderful. I hope when my son is older, he's a lovely and personable as Remi.

Nadine (of Oreo)

Unknown said...

Thanks Cristina for the suggestion - she's all set in what she's doing this summer and it only includes one week of camp!

Thanks Nadine for your comment. I was so proud to be her mom during the Fringe. It's like it's all coming together and she's so much fun to be with. She was before too of course, but she happens to be particularly confident and radiant right now. She loved doing the Fringe and that first day when she postered for Oreo was a pivotal moment in the Fringe when she saw that things were possible for her as a volunteer!