Pages

Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Good Vibrations

I'm having a day where I'm feeling a bit disillusioned. It happens every once in a while and it's part circumstantial but it's really just a part of me coming out that resonates with the vibration of disillusionment.

It probably started when I watched Religulous on Saturday night. That was a downer. The real downer came when I listened to the director's commentary and how judgemental they were, how these guys really put people down and let's just say it wasn't pleasant for me.

Then yesterday I was reminded of some bad stuff people I know do and you know, we're all not perfect, and we're all liars and no one's got it and all of that, and some of us are seriously skewed. And that gets me to wondering if yoga makes a difference at all and if there's a point in "helping" when "help" isn't "helpful." People still mess up.

Of course yoga "helps" and of course people are good and of course there's a good reason to provide space and conversations and opportunities and all of that. I just forget sometimes.

So I'm going to tune into why it's good and why it makes a difference and be with that for a bit before I go and lead a couple of classes! I need to go and be at the source for myself and not be influenced by some of the strong vibrations around me. I'm going to go get me some Good Vibrations!

1 comment:

Jayna Moar said...

Hey Jamine,
I definitely get that feeling sometimes when I'm working with people in the hospital and watching them self sabotage their lives with unhealthy choices. It sometimes feels like there's just so many of them and so few of us. And then I realize it isn't them and us, it's just us and your journey is helping everyone around you just by you moving closer to consciousness. Or at least I try to remember that. As Tolle said by living consciously you'll be helping lift the weights that hold others down so they can rise with you.
You're doing an awesome job, And it's a great thing to have a yoga teacher who has a clear interest in their personal betterment but doesn't deny she's human. Thank you for taking care of us.
Namaste!