Pages

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

However You Are Will Work

I've had a long standing reputation of saying that you can come to yoga however you are - whatever you're wearing, whether you want to be there or not, however you come to class will work. Well, I've been getting more insight (literally they're messages but it's too weird to blog about and I'm such a cynic, but there you have it), and the message is, however you are in life will work. There's no winning. There's no way to screw it up. You can't get life wrong.

And when that thought came to me, it made me relax a bit. The message I was getting is that there's no "being successful" or "being unsuccessful." This realm exists in the world of dualities, but yoga is about transcending the world of dualities, of pulling back the veil and seeing what's really so, and then going back and living in the world, knowing the dualities are a trick of the mind. So I hesitate to say it because it's so kooky and new agey, but I'm getting word about how it is and the message again is relax. Or don't relax. I could relax and that would be fine. I could get upset, don't get upset, play, don't play, whatever. However I do it will work.

Where it will or won't work is in the game that I create and play. We've all created games we're playing and that's where things are right and wrong, good and bad, successful or unsuccessful. In our own games. So the info is, play whatever game you like. If you want to do what's fun, go ahead. And know that what's fun for you may not be fun for others. In fact, there's not going to be one thing that's fun for everyone. It's fun for some of us to be aware, and for others it's not. For some it's fun to be sober, for others it's not. So it's not to judge what's fun for others. You could question it, but get ready for the answer.

On top of all of that having fun, the laws of nature apply - both the laws we know about and the ones we don't know yet (that's what I heard). So don't think that you can walk around without the natural consequences. (And also, you are subject to the rules of the game you're playing. If you don't pay your debts, the collection people will call.) There are consequences, gravity works on everyone, we all die. But if you don't mind the consequences (or even if you do), you can go ahead and do what you want. Relax. Live your dream. Or don't. It won't make a difference outside of the game you're playing. However you are will work.

No comments: