Pages

Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Meditation, not Medication

Okay, some people really need medication and no amount of meditation will help in those cases. But for the rest of us, we can probably use a little meditation and then we won't need medication. Just an idea I'm putting out there.

I noticed that when I was having a particularly hard time recently, I was particularly resistant to doing my meditation practice. Hmm. Know how when someone's mad and they get told to take a deep breath they don't want to do that? Mad wants to be mad. It has a life of its own. Same thing with sad or with bad or any other feeling that gets fed by the "pain body." My sadness took on a life of its own and resisted efforts to have it go away.

But I used my tools and it's back in check. "En garde. Take that, all-consuming-thoughts-that disturb!" Knowing what to do and doing what needs to be done are 2 totally different things.

15 minutes in the morning, 15 minutes at night, and I'm golden.

No comments: