Pages

Tuesday, February 10, 2009

From Darkness to Light

And from the unreal to the real...that's where gurus are supposed to take you. I had coffee with my guru, Torsten, this morning and he reminded me of that path that goes from darkness to light, as I was having a personal memory lapse while I tearily drank my coffee.

I'm paraphrasing...

"The suffering is caused by attachment, right? What's the opposite of attachment?"

"Freedom?" I sniffed.

"Yeah. Why don't you be your possibility of freedom?"

"Right. My possibility of freedom..." And I felt better instantly.

You've got to know in the background there's a ton of work that went into even knowing there was a possibility of freedom or a possibility of anything. Those were my Landmark days. Many of them with Torsten.

If I BE free(dom), then attachment isn't there. It's like if a light turns on, the dark goes away. Of course, when the light gets turned off, the dark comes back so it's not a forever thing in case you happen to be wondering why I'm not fixed yet.

This conversation happened over coffee after I met him at the new Astanga Studio opening on Bank St. It's a new place for an old studio, Downtown Yoga, in case you want to check it out. It's opening next week and it's going to be goregous.

I've been lining up Things to Do and People to See so I'm occupied and one of the old people who has reached out to me and has agreed to stop by later this week was at the coffeeshop at the same time! I haven't seen her in 3 years and we just emailed each other this morning about when we're getting together and there she was at the Bridgehead. Life's cool.

No comments: