Pages

Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Office (Part 1)

I say Part 1, because I figure it's going to take at least one more part to make The Office happen.

In about 25 minutes, someone is going to show up here at my place and help me make sense of my office. She's a good friend. And for her to offer her valuable time to help me do something I should be able to do by myself is super-generous. I'm scared. I feel sleepy. I don't wanna. I am embarrassed. I am excited.

This needs to be done but it's one of those things that I can't seem to do on my own. It requires too many decisions or something. It asks me to look at things about myself I'd rather not. But it's getting in the way. I live with other people and they would like to share this space with me but I take over. And I spread out and around.

I said earlier that I think I'd put things away if I knew where they went. But I don't know where stuff goes in here. And it's my space!

-----------------------

It's a couple of hours later and I am pleased to report that much progress has been made! And I feel better, not lame. I have homework. And she's coming back next week! What a gift.