Pages

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

A New Car!

Before I went to Toronto last week, I made an appointment to go in and get my car appraised and see about getting a new one, which seemed like a wild thing to do. "Go and investigate the option of getting out of my lease and getting a new one? Huh?" So today I went in and I bought a new car. It was really easy. And that seems strange. So since I've been home, I've been wondering if I did the "right thing."

Should I have waited? Did I get a good price? Was I too hasty? Am I going to be able to afford it? Will gas prices skyrocket even more and I'll wind up with a car that won't move around?

I'm trying to distract myself and just relax and go back to that place that found it so easy. "I think I'd like to be in a new car. Okay, let's go do that." And then it's done. I mean, really, it was low drama. I pick the car up on Thursday. It's basically the same car I have now but newer and with air conditioning and power windows. Oh, and it has one of those gadgets that opens the door for you. (You can imagine how much I'm going to love that!) Remi is psyched - after that trip home on Sunday where she was basically panting in the back seat - she's now looking forward to our trip to the States in August.

So really, I did great. I had already weighed the pros and cons of having/not having a car given what I do for work and had already arrived at a decision, so I didn't need to go through that again. But somehow I missed having a big back and forth and should I/shouldn't I. It's a relief and a bit weird at the same time.

I'll post a picture of me in my new car once I get one!

No comments: