Pages

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Car Story

There's not a lot more to tell. I really like the RAV4 and the idea of it. It felt good as you may have read. But I didn't like the idea of a high monthly payment just to have bells and whistles on a car that I would never have put on myself. And I was working things out in the payment calculator at Toyota but I was having trouble figuring something out and I called my guy to clarify something I was looking at. He took that as an opportunity to refresh his offer to take over his lease and sweeten the pot by adding another grand to the deal.

Be still my beating heart. Surely this is a bad time to buy a car period, let alone a car that will use more gas than my little Echo is using now.

On the other hand, I will need to put in another $1000 on my little car to get new tires, to fix a small smudge on the bumper and I still won't have air conditioning this summer with Remi. The RAV4 is ready for winter. It's ready for summer. It's just ready.

I am not the splurging type, let's face it. I don't dye my hair, I don't buy new clothes, I don't wear expensive jewelry, and it's been in part due to necessity but also it has become part of my identity. To be frugal and simple. But I don't wannabe that anymore! And that's what Nina said would happen. She said once they got their RAV4 then the bedroom furniture started looking a bit tired. I know it's the beginning of wanting.

John said he didn't think that was a bad thing and that wanting more or better could just be a stretching thing (he didn't say it like that), and that it would make you grow more. Or something like that. Basically, it wasn't a bad thing to want to make things better in your life, which I agree with, as long as you don't suffer where you are while you're growing.

And then there was a message from the car dealer on my phone just to call him. By the time I got the message it was too late to talk to him, so I'll have to call him now.

No comments: