Pages

Monday, June 2, 2008

Eye Pillows

Technically, it's still spring, so I figure I can count this as "spring cleaning." I've written about this before, but I didn't actually Finish the Job. So I'm back to work today on decluttering my small space.

I'm staring at my eye pillow project. Some of you may remember my eye pillows. Some of you may even own eye pillows I've made. I have fabric remnants and odd covers and raw materials and, well, I'm not making eye pillows anymore.

Eye pillows came at a time in my life when I was needing a project I could see finished and do independently and completely control myself. It also brought me into contact with other people - I had to find places to sell them so I had to talk to people about them and about selling them and how much they'd go for and all of that. I put myself out there. It was maybe a small way, but it was a way. A path. To where I am now, which is not needing to sell eye pillows anymore.

But I needed to know that I could if I wanted to. It was a fun time, sewing on Saturday nights and Thursday mornings and putting them all in box and dragging them around town, peddling my wares. But now they're cluttering my space rather than being a path to people. So off they go...

No comments: