Pages

Thursday, April 3, 2008

The George Foreman

When I was visiting my family in California last month, I was introduced to the George Foreman grilling machine. My grandmother uses one and my uncle too. I thought maybe I should get one.

Yesterday was the day I went hunting for one. I went to Costco and was shopping and checked to see if they had anything like that. They didn't. But I did my usual Costco thing and when John came home he asked why I bought a Cuisinart soft serve ice cream maker. "Well, because they didn't have a George Foreman, naturally."

Now Remi's all excited because we've got this new ice cream maker, but what we didn't really understand at first is that you have to freeze the inside part for 12 hours before you can use it. She was totally bummed. She even got up at 6 this morning seeing if we had enough time NOW to make ice cream. "Yes, we have time and no, we won't be having soft serve for breakfast." That's something we'll be doing after school before violin today!

But I still wanted a George Foreman and I saw that Canadian Tire had them and I figured maybe other hardware stores had them and sure enough, my local Home Hardware had 3 models to choose from. So I strolled over and came home with the mini one and let me tell you, it was awesome. Dinner was good and fast and most of all...LEAN. (I mean it's a lean, mean, grillin' machine after all.)

That's going to make room for ice cream later!

-----------

The ice cream didn't turn out after all. I don't think we followed the recipe. We'll try again over the weekend otherwise that'll be the end of that ice cream machine - back to Costco!

1 comment:

Lola said...

we love our mini george:)
Laurel