Pages

Tuesday, March 25, 2008

Very Affectionate Dog


I have a very affectionate dog. She is so out there with her love! She cuddles like a cat and must be part stuffed animal because she will also just sit there. When I meditate, she sits so still on my lap. She doesn't bug me to pet her or anything. She just lets me rest my hands on her and then we sit still together until I'm done!

If you look closely at the picture you may notice her tongue. She usually does most of her licking in the morning - right as we wake up - she wants to lick and clean and play. Today for some reason, she was majorly licky in the afternoon. I'm not sure what she wanted or what came over her, but it was pretty funny.

If you're looking for a meditating companion, I would recommend a Bischon Bolognese. What a gentle, friendly companion. She's really the best dog I've ever had and although she gets in the way when I'm doing yoga, most of the time she really lets me be and she just sticks by my side.

Eckhart Tolle and Oprah were talking about animals and presence in their webcast today and it reminded me of when our "guru" used to say how dogs and birds were feeling, which makes me kind of mad when I think - "you don't know what they're thinking!" We have no idea what they're thinking. How do we know that they have thoughts or not? I have no idea what's going on in my little dog's head. I do know that she can tell time very well and asks for her dinner at the same time everyday...I do appreciate that she is "in touch" and that she seems to be stress-free and in the moment, but honestly, I don't really have a clue...I just like having her around :)

No comments: