Pages

Monday, February 18, 2008

Purity Project

Okay. I'm really tackling my office. I told the people in the Yoga Teacher Training yesterday that as part of my practice of saucha, purity, that I would clean up my office. I even scheduled it and said I would do it Tuesday morning.

Luc dropped in on his visit between living in Hawaii and moving to Fiji and said he didn't think a morning was going to do it and that I would probably need much more time than that. Thanks Luc. But he's got a point.

I actually got a head start on it and I did a bit this evening. So there. I'm ahead of schedule. Or behind, if you count the other times I said I would clean my office. But I have really cleaned my office in the past. The thing about cleaning spaces is that they need to be cleaned again. Like cleaning up relationships as I've said before. Cleaning up relationships is easier to me than cleaning up my office.

I'm not even going to take a picture of my messy office to show you. Trust me. It's messy. And it's functional. I pay my bills on time, I have computers that are hooked up to the internet, I can find things I'm looking for given enough time. But the main thing is that it bothers me. I notice every time I walk in that it's not the way I want it to be. And there's the rub. It's out of my integrity to have it be so messy. It doesn't really matter in the big scheme of things, it just matters to me. And then the vrittis go wild in my citta and I'm not in yoga! No peace there.

I'll keep you posted as to how it's going.

No comments: