Pages

Monday, November 26, 2007

Dog Boots

I didn't buy any yet. We tried some on her last week but none fit. This morning on a last walk with Luc before he's off to Hawaii we saw a dog about the same size as Zara totally decked out with boots, a coat, even a hood, which I figure was probably unnecessary as it's not even freezing, nor snowing, nor raining. Anways, I went out to the dog store to buy some more raw food, because that's what she eats as per my mother's instructions, and that's what I'm out of. But the store was closed. Oh well, we got a walk.

Although it is not raining, it is still wet out. So when we came back in I rinsed her off because unlike with bigger dogs, she gets completely soaked on her underside because she's so close to the ground. And she gets dirty. And she's normally white.

So I think she's going to need a coat and some boots. I didn't really approve of the dog coats I saw so I'm actually in the process of knitting her one. Yep, I'm a knitter too. She's pretty good about letting me try it on her and I'm doing in the round so there are these sticks all poking out but she stays still and I test and see how far I have to go. I'll take a picture to show you.

I don't think I'm going to do dog boots on my own though. And I think she's going to need them. Soon.

No comments: