Pages

Monday, May 7, 2007

Yoga and Heart Rate

So it turns out that the low heart rate thing I mentioned last week is a sign of a strong heart if you're an athlete and a sign that there's something wrong if you don't exercise. Even though I feel like I'm lazy I guess I'm probably quite active and active enough with yoga to make my heart rate be at a low resting rate.

I went to the gym again today. I'm lovin' it! It's definitely not a yoga environment, but it's a way for me to be in my body, feel strong, and focus and deal with stuff. Like I'll be on the treadmill, committed to 20 minutes, and watch the excuses come up. "I did extra walking earlier." "Someone's coming over soon and I should be there." And I watch myself try to squirm out of my treadmill just like my mind does when I'm meditating!

I was telling the meditating group Sunday morning that how we behave when we're meditating is how we behave in other areas of our lives - not just when we're meditating. So to watch how we are when we're challenged is to know how we are when we're challenged and don't notice. It's good to see how we are when we're uncomfortable.

My yoga group is about ready for me. I'm at CHEO and the girls are finishing up their snacks and we're just about ready to go...

No comments: