Pages

Thursday, May 31, 2007

Lots I Could Write About

There's a lot on my mind and a lot I could write about. That's usually the case, come to think about it. I could write about attachment and how sweet it was when my daughter accidentally deleted all of her dogs on Nintendogs for her DS. I honestly don't think I've ever seen her soooo sad. Grieving the loss of her virtual pets. Very, very sad. She came around and the next day the loss didn't seem so bad. By yesterday she was even grateful because she learned something about her machine and how she could make new pets and get rid of them when she wanted to.

I could write about non-attachment some more and how we're all excited about the Sens and see if we can be happy that they're in the playoffs and not let the fact that they've lost two games take away from the enjoyment.

I'm also thinking about food and how I've gone all unconscious about eating and how I'm glad I wear a lot of spandex because that way my clothes don't care, but my other clothes have gotten a lot smaller so now I'm back on a conscious eating program and am encouraged. Company is stronger than will power!

But after reading Megan's blog again, she mentioned lip balm and I realize that that's my topic for today. I went to my coach, Joyce Hardman's, yoga class this morning at Metta Massage & Yoga Clinic, and afterwards I went to the Pharmasave, which is right downstairs. I wanted to get some of my favourite lip balm from Bonne Bell. I looked at Shoppers last week and couldn't find any, which totally surprised me. As a yoga teacher, I talk a lot for an hour and a half and I don't like to reapply lip balm during the class if I can help it, and I also don't like to have that cakey, gummy, whitish line on my bottom lip either. Hence, the Bonne Bell stick. It's hard for me to keep track of them and they aren't always where I need them, as a result, I've resorted to other lip balms that are lying around that I either received as stocking stuffers or bought in the hopes of topping the Bonne Bell. The last one I bought by mistake was a Nivea stick that I thought of returning because it was so bad. I kept it around as a last resort and used it this morning while I took a class and promised myself I'd treat myself to some new lip balm after class.

So that's what I got. A new Bonne Bell lip balm. They don't have my old shiney favourites that were around when Remi first started getting into it 6 years ago. But they've replaced it with others that seem to do okay.

When I'm teaching a class I've got enough going on in the room - people, poses, lighting, music, fan - that I don't need to be worrying about my lip balm as well. But it's comforting to have it on and if it's not right it feels funny and can actually distract me while I'm teaching. So I've become attached to lip balm.

One of the ingredients in most lip balms is something hydrogenated and I wonder if that's probably not a good thing, and I suppose I probably eat a lot of lip balm over the course of a month, but it feels good. I hope I'm practising ahimsa wearing lip balm and I'm not doing damage to my arteries, but I'm not really sure. I've asked a couple of people about the trans fats in lip balm and noone seems to know or to care really, for that matter.

So here's my new lip balm. It felt great during my lunch class at BTI. Held up. Felt comforting. That's what I want in a lip balm...

No comments: