Pages

Thursday, May 10, 2007

I Know I Say Some Crazy Stuff in Yoga

If you've ever been to one of my yoga classes there's a good chance you've heard me say something like, (and this is going to be hard because I'm going to try and imitate myself here), "Your body is like a car or your house. And you're in it." Or I've said, "have you ever been on a site and your cursor has a tail on it of sparkly things? Well your prana is like that." And even reading it now I don't think it's that crazy but today I heard myself talking during a class and honestly, I crack myself up.

I want people to get yoga. It's so useful. For health, for mental stability, for problem solving, for relationship building. So I'll say lots of things in different ways to try and explain how I understand yoga. And sometimes I think I make sense. And other times I realize that people aren't paying attention to me anyways. That's going on a lot of the time, I know, but at least if I were caught talking I'd like it to make sense.

To be honest, I'm not even sure what I said. But I know I was going out on a limb. I want to reach the people in my class so they can know yoga is so much more than getting a good stretch!

I want to bring yoga out of the ethers and the puffs of incense and lay it at the foot of your bed or on your kitchen table. Put it in your ipod. Send it to you in an email. Yoga's current. It's now. It's not some old, dead philosophy. It's alive!

Am I reaching again?

No comments: